Wednesday, November 02, 2011

A Sentimental Journey: The Story of Doris Day



Tonight, I took Mom to North Hollywood to El Portal Theatre and saw a musical on the life of Doris Day.

Before Mom left the house, she said, "I will bring my binoculars, just in case."

I nodded. What she didn't know is that I got tickets on the first row. What I didn't know is that I have forgotten I bought first row tickets. Happy surprise for the both of us!

I will be honest. Except of "Que Sera, Sera (Whatever will be, will be)" and "The Way You Look Tonight", I am not familiar with the rest of the songs. Her glorious Hollywood days shined beginning in the beautiful 40s.

Tonight is the first preview night. Perhaps it's because of the time of the week (it IS the middle of the week), the entire audience were young-at-heart seniors. (I am for sure the youngest in the house.) At the end of the show, everyone stood and sang along with the last song. A very sweet moment indeed.

No comments: