Saturday, November 19, 2011

Oh No — Heat Rash!




Today, for the first time in my life, I have a heat rash attack.

It was after a couple badminton games. My face started feeling steamy. I walked over to the ladies room and saw my face turned bright red. Oh... Allergy to something I had over dinner? (I am notoriously allergic to a great many things.)


So I rested sitting on the bench. Not the most fun -- I want to play because I am not tired, but logic tells me that under an allergic reaction, I really should let my body cool down.

Later on at home, I looked up what it was that I could probably be allergic to, and I concluded it must be a heat rash attack.

According to Mayo Clinic, causes of heat rash includes:
Participating in intense physical activities. Anything that makes you sweat profusely, especially if you're not wearing moisture-wicking clothing, can trigger heat rash.

Ah-ha! I think I have found the source: I am wearing LONG PANTS today. I NEVER WEAR LONG PANTS to any badminton games, EVER. I thought it might be cold, so this is my very first. It was LONG, THICK PANTS. I will keep this in mind. :)

Good thing these rashes go away within the hour. Still, more games, s'il vous plaît!

No comments: