Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Post-Conference Withdrawl


You would think I am used to it by now.  There would be a great conference; old friends and new friends gathered; we chatted; we laughed;  we had a phenomenal time.  Then the school bell rang, and everyone headed home.  Only in the adult world, home meant different parts of the world.

How I wish we all live in one small town, where we get to simply hang out, and read books, and do creative works, and watch Doctor Who.  How I wish I could just walk across the street and knock on their doors, and instead of borrowing salt, I would be borrowing art supplies.  And then we'll all just chill in the nearby library.

Ah, well.  That's a dream, and it's a nice one.  :)

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Hi! don't you live in NYC where half of everybody exists? I left SCBWI energized and now stalking all my fellow illustrators online. I never officially met you. Just remembered standing behind you in line for showcase drop off and liked your work.