Saturday, October 22, 2011

Workshop - Landscape Painting

Taking a 3-day landscape painting workshop with the amazing Mike Hernandez. I have never done landscape, and gouache is a medium I have not touched. This is challenging x 3000!!!! Everyone in the class is really good! I am inspired (and a little intimidated, frankly.)

I don't have Azure Blue, so I substitute it with Ultramarine Blue. The other colors are Alizarin Crimson and Yellow Ochre. It is also my first to have to create compositions with only these 3 tubes. (Plus white). I need to understand gouache fast. As of now, I don't understand the medium enough to translate it on canvas. (@__@)



My work at Vasquez Rock of Aqua Dolce today. (I am showing the one comp I feel holds up better...) Need to improve fast...



This is me at the end of Day 2. I am CLUELESS!!!!

One more day. Tomorrow's Laguna Beach. I look forward to it. :)

No comments: