Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Mock Project: My Poster of Swim Instructor




There is a section in my local library where they stock postcards and flyers of events happening in the community, and I spotted a postcard asking people to become a Red Cross certified swim instructor. The first thought I had with that postcard was: If it were up to me, I would make it visually more fun than just some text and a stock photo.

So I went home and drew this poster.

If I were to design poster for the American Red Cross Pool Lifeguard and Swim Instructor...

I would make the pool with a David Hockey style of water reflection. There is something very luring and calm about the way he does water.

I would make the kid look like he is excited, curious and a little scared. At least that was how I felt when I first learned how to swim.

The text and logo can be at the bottom, with only the main slogan. As Edard Tufte called it, "Confusion and clutter are the failure of design, not the attributes of information."

No comments: